Welcome!! This is a simple blogsite to support our personal "Read the Bible in a Year" programme. This is based on the Read the Bible in a Year online programme : http://www.bibleinayear.org/.
If you wish to participate, just create an account there and just start reading. We are on the Chronological mode.

Please feel free to browse, and leave your comments and questions.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Psalm 119: 1-88

The longest chapter in the Bible, and the longest psalm. It is known as an acrostic psalm, meaning, it was written in an alphabetical fashion and each stanza begins with a succeeding alphabet, alpha, bet, etc....

The authorship is unknown,...possibly David himself, but commentators suggest it was written post exile, perhaps even Ezra himself.

9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. 10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

No comments: