Amos prophesies the destruction of Israel, and that the LORD God Almighty .. "....will stir up a nation against you, O house of Israel, that will oppress you all the way from Lebo Hamath to the valley of the Arabah."
Amaziah disparaging dismisses the Prophecies, telling Amos to go back to Judah to earn his living there as a prophet. Amos kinda tells himhe is not a 'career prophet' and that he is a man of independent means, and that he is only there as a prophet because YHWH has called him to be a missionary to Israel.
7:14 Amos answered Amaziah, "I was neither a prophet nor a prophet's son, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. 15 But the LORD took me from tending the flock and said to me, 'Go, prophesy to my people Israel.' 16 Now then, hear the word of the LORD. ....
But even while prophesying Israel's destruction and exile, he also prophesies the restoration of Israel.
9:13 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills. 14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. 15 I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment