Some more laws. I find some of these laws rather harsh. Perhaps it was necessary for the times. Many were however very compassionate, and I am rather impressed by the constant reminder to remember they were once slaves, and that they were to care for the aliens and poor.
There is a particularly funny law about women defending their husbands during a fight. It must happen quite commonly.
25:11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like 24:5 - "If a man has recently married, he mst not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year, he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."
Hmm.. how come we dont have such law now?
hehheh....life so easy, meh...? Nice way to get out of National Service!
Post a Comment